Fraunhofer IFF Elbe Dome 2.0 – 360° Mixed Reality Lab
The Fraunhofer “Elbedome 2.0” is a Mixed-Reality Lab with a 400 m² large-scale projection. It consists of a cylindrical 360° projection screen with a diameter of 16 meters and a height of 4 meters. The wall projection is seamlessly combined with a floor projection. It can be used to visualize factories, technical facilities, as well as macro- and microscopic structures.
The projection area has been renewed in 2018 along with a 25-channel 3D stereo laser projection system.
Planning and hardware installation by project: syntropy GmbH.
Calibration and Autocal by domeprojection.com.
- ProjectionTools Pro Sim with:
Dynamic warping feature
- 360° full dome + floor projection
- Diameter 16m
- 25 channels
- 3D stereo laser projection
- Dynamic warping, blending and black-level correction applied directly in 3D engine
- One camera + spectrometer on a rotation unit