ProjectionTools 4.1.0 available
The new minor release ProjectionTools 4.1.0 is available.
The upgrade involves ProjectionTools itself, PatternGenerator, ColorMatch, nWarp and the domeprojection.com® SDK.
Below you can find an overview of the most important innovations.
Automatic detection of cutted dots
In Creator and Align you can choose a new calibration pattern of rings, which allows to automatically detect cutted dots. In this way, the dot-pattern less often needs to be adjusted manually. The detected full dots are stored as a dot pattern for following calibration runs.
Tight integration with several 3D engines
The domeprojection.com® SDK, which supports static and dynamic warping, is adopted by more and more 3D engines. It got updated to support the new coloured blending and black-level correction feature (see above). In addition, Mapper3d now has a dedicated domeprojection.com® SDK exporter making the export step much more convenient.
Additional new features and improvements
- Exporting of reference points
- Creator & Align: Only the image all points is projected on screen when simulating a project.
- Points that are not part of the dot pattern aren’t detected anymore during image processing (allows later removing of points by editing the dot pattern and avoids false detections).
- MPCDI exporter: possibility to adjust the level – for better compatibility with systems not supporting the highest level 4
- Dedicated VI-grade VI-GraphSim exporter added
- Preview 3D exporter: quicker previews by selecting reduced blending resolution; choosing custom environment texture
- Transfer to align now copies camera settings as well.
- Marker no more disappear when dragging while camera live mode is activated.
- Creating projects with uncalibrated cameras works again.
- Fixed randomly broken frames using AVT GigE cameras.
- Align command line version now reports errors as return-value and in console instead of message boxes.
- Barco Pulse exporter now regards individual upload checkmarks.
- Fixed slight preview error in Brightness-Adjust Widget.
- Fixed pipeline and modifier stack steps potentially getting shuffled when moving them up/down.
The following features and workflow improvements have already been available in ProjectionTools 4.0.
- Modifier stack in Mapper3d for non-destructive manipulation of calibration data
- Creator: dedicated Reference Points Editor with more flexible marker import
- Align projects: more streamlined setup
- Improvements of visualizations and handling of the Dot Pattern Editor
- Combination of multiple mappings in one project
- Direct control of active markers
- Show projector outlines on projection screen: aligning projectors quickly after exchange
- Black-level chip oversize preview added
- Existing projects: projector resolution change possible
- Default dot pattern: determined by resolution and aspect ratio
- One installer for the complete set of domeprojection.com® ProjectionTools, allowing to select the appropriate configuration according to the owned license (SingleCam AV / Pro AV / Pro Sim)
- Blending and black-level-correction: calculation with floating-point precision
- Advanced based on measurements regarding uniformity and contrast of projectors
- Using smooth black-level correction transitions where possible – better results with overlaps of more than two projectors
- Compensation of projector shadowing
- Improved Posfinder visualisation accuracy
- More precise fadeout control
Equipment support extended
- AVT Mako cameras
- Barco Pulse exporter
- AV Stumpfl Wings exporter
- dataton Watchout exporter
- Coolux Pandoras box exporter supporting non-presplit content
- nWarp exporter